TopNotch has introduced an Airbrushing Basics course.
The course is designed to provide both experienced and inexperienced modellers with a handy concise introduction and refresher to all things airbrushing in a comfortable relaxed atmosphere. You will be able to ask questions and work through problems during the day.
The course is offered either as a full weekend day course (10h00 – 16h30) or an evening course (18h30 – 21h30). The weekend day course is £120 and the evening course is £65.
We will provide an introduction to airbrushes and compressors explaining how to set them up and how to operate your equipment safely including how to clean and maintain your airbrush. Following on from the basic introduction:
- Preparing your model for airbrushing
- Introduction to paints (lacquers, acrylics, clear coats)
- Using primers, mixing paints and using thinners
- Finishing techniques – weathering, washes and how to use TopNotch vinyl masks, etc
- Handy tips to help you produce a perfect finish and great models
A Grex airbrush, compressor and paints will be provided for use during the course. You need to bring a model (or 2) with that is ready for painting so that you can practice. If you don’t have a ready model, bring an old model with.
You will also have the opportunity to purchase Grex airbrushes and accessories, TopNotch camouflage and insignia masks, paints and other accessories at discounted rates.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided during the course. Sandwiches will be provided at lunchtime.
TopNotch is an authorised Grex dealer and service centre.
Just so that you know:
- Courses will need to be paid for in advance.
- If you cancel and give us at least 14 day’s notice, we will give you a full refund. If you give us less than 14 day’s notice, a refund will be at our discretion.
- If we don’t receive enough bookings for a particular class, we reserve the right to re-schedule and you will be provided with alternative dates from which to choose. We will attempt to provide 7 – 10 days advance notice of postponements.
- If none of the alternative dates are suitable, we will provide you with a full refund of your course fees.
- We will not be held responsible to any other costs that you may have incurred with booking your course.